Saturday, October 20, 2007

Ohio Vacation

I had a great trip home...got to spend lots of time with the grandchildren, see old friends and meet members of the Etsy Street Team from Cleveland. We destashed...got rid of things we didn't want...and I really got some great things.
Beautiful beads, findings and a magazine. Thanks to my new Clevey friends.













L to R: Sara, Lori, Renee, Ramona, me, Gretchen and Toni

"Congratulations" to son Brian, who completed his first marathon, The LaSalle Bank Chicago Marathon. In spite of the heat, Brian was able to complete it without difficulty. We are soooooooooooo proud of him. Not only is he going to law school at Cleveland State, but he spent a lot of time training. The race was quite an accomplishment and I know he couldn't have done it without the support of Dani, Mason, Alexa and Chase. You all get a medal from Grandma!!


MARATHON TIMES:
START 0:07:25 5K 0:33:08 10K 1:08:26 15K 1:46:43
20K 2:29:25 HALF 2:38:04 25K 3:10:45 30K 3:57:34
35K 4:44:24 40K 5:30:30 FINISH 5:47:45 Pace: 13:15

I spent the weekend with Mason, Alexa and Chase cruising the malls. We went to Chappel Hill Mall where they had a terrific display of Halloween costumes. We feasted on honey chicken and rode the Merry-Go-Round. A good time was had by all!







Chase got hold of my camera and spent about an hour photographing everything in the house. This is his rendition of a "Self Portrait". As we were scrolling through the pictures he'd taken, many were unrecognizable to me. I'd say..."Chase, what is this?" and he'd show me what he took a picture of. How much fun we had!!!



Here's Madison and Morgan all dressed up for a party. I got to see Morgan cheerleading at one of the local games. How cute...the excitement was just like it was in high school...except instead of watching David in the band, I got to see Morgan cheer. Am I getting old or what????







Meet Snowball, the latest addition to the Riedel family. David found this beauty in the trash at work...and just had to rescue her. She's all white with the most piercing blue eyes you've ever seen. The vet thinks she's about 4 weeks old. Although she nips and bites a little, she's friendly and should make the transition into a house cat without any problems.


My three princesses








While in Ohio, I had time to make this necklace for my great niece Zoe. She wore it for her Baptism on October 14, 2007. It has a sterling silver cross, pink crystals and pearls.

0 comments: