Monday, December 7, 2009

My Journey back to health December 7- 13

Monday, December 7
Again, I’m not happy with my weight loss this week. It might have something to do with the fact that I haven’t added exercise to my program yet. But tomorrow I start putting forth some effort with my appointment with the trainer at the Y. Hopefully it will go smoothly unlike last week’s fiasco.

Alright I’ll tell you… I only lost 1.8 lbs. this week. I did see the doctor today and all my labs are just great.

She said I really have to try harder to eat a minimum of 5 meals (shake or protein bar) each day. I’m still only getting 4 in each day.

After my meeting I went to Teresas and helped her wrap all of her Christmas presents. It was a lot of fun, especially since Wayne and I don’t really have gifts if there are no grandchildren around. Looks like this year, we’ll be spending the holidays here at home together. That doesn’t happen too often because I usually go to Ohio or Florida for the holidays and he stays home with the dog.

I may even buy him a present...

Tuesday, December 8
We were off to the Y by 9:15 am. I absolutely love my trainer. She has a good sense of humor and worked with me for about an hour. I now have a set routine that I will do 3-5 times a week. It's geared to upper body strength because when my chest muscles and intercostals are in good shape, my breathing should be less labored.

I will  do 30 minutes of cardio (bike or walk) and 4 different upper body exercises on the machines. The machines at the Y are the old kind where you have to put a pin through a slot for the weight you want. Where we used to go, their machines were digital so you just set a number of lbs weight by pushing a button.

Wayne likes his trainer Jeremy and has another appointment on Thursday with him. So, looks like I'll be going back on Thursday for sure.

Thursday, December 10
Back to the Y where I did my first unassisted routine on the bike, treadmill and weight machines. I did everything she wanted...barely!  I had to lower the speed on the treadmill from 1.5 mph to 1 mph in order to finish 15 minutes. It was the last thing I did, so I guess I was worn out by then.

Jeremy set Wayne up with his workout schedule, so all in all it was a good day!

Friday, December 11
I'm madly making things for the Barnyard in Greer. I've never done a flea market so this should be very interesting. Teresa and Kevin are meeting me there at the morning!!! Can u believe I'm dragging myself out of a warm bed to make a few bucks?

Saturday, December 12
We had a great time at the Barnyard and thank God Teresa brought a heater. The high was 40 degrees. A couple of us had a sale or two, but nothing to write home about. I did have a man buy the ribbon I was going to use on items I might gift wrap. A lady was looking pretty hard at my wraping paper too!  We will do it again, but NOT until the spring or summer.

We went to Pam's house in the evening for a faculty party from Greenville Technical College where I retired from in 2005. I'm so happy that I still get invited, not only to see my friends, but to catch up on the changes.


Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that you like your trainer. I'm sure that will help to keep you motivated. I'm sure before to long, you'll be feeling a lot better. Keep up the good work.